Getting a deeper sleep every night is a struggle with multiple factors around you that may disrupt your sleep, including your bedtime routine, environment, diet, lifestyle, and health condition. Even the beds you’re using greatly affects the quality of your sleep. It is also difficult to find the perfect mattress that suits your needs. It depends on personal preferences to choose suitable bed and mattress.
A good night’s sleep is extremely important for the body because it gives the body and brain enough time to rest. If the body and brain are not well rested, they might not have the energy to function and in the long run, this affects the quality of life.
A good night’s sleep is as important as a healthy diet or exercising regularly or following a healthy lifestyle. If you don’t get good sleep, it might affect the proper functioning of the brain and that might then lead to stress and other problems. Therefore, it is important that you get a good night’s sleep. (Sourced from article of Times Now)
Here are a few tips for a good night’s sleep:
- Don’t eat or drink too much 2-3 hours before sleep time, or your stomach will get uncomfortable, don’t drink coffee after 4:00-5:00pm (caffeine makes people’s nervous system on an excited status), or you can’t get asleep as quickly as usual, which will affect your whole night’s sleep quality.
- Some people have exercise habits every day. As we all know that exercise is good for health and a best way to keep fit and healthy. But it’s not recommended to exercise at night. Exercise will make people excited and the exciting feeling needs some time to ease up.
- Nowadays, people living in the city shuttle between high-rise buildings and streets every day. Due to the busy work and life, people lack the opportunity to exercise, not only the feet, but also many problems in the body, so the body is in a sub-healthy state. Having a foot spa before going to bed will relieve our bodies’fatigue and stress. In winter, our feet usually are very cold all the day, if we have a foot spa bath before sleep, blood circulation will be promoted quickly to our feet, which is helpful for us to get asleep quickly and have a good night’s sleep.
- Reduce smartphone usage and read books before bedtime. Our brain naturally produces melatonin in response to darkness. It controls our sleep-wake rhythm and makes us feel soporific in low-light environments. However, the light from your phone screen hampers melatonin production, so it might be better to put down our device at least 30 minutes before bed. Reading books appropriately enables our mind and mood in calm and peaceful which is beneficial to fall asleep and obtain a good quality sleep.
- Make sure of a proper bedroom environment for sleep. Do you have good airflow? Is your bedroom full of distractions? Is it cluttered? Is it clean? Does it make you feel relaxed? Is it too cold? Too bright? Indeed, these factors might seem obvious but are always overlooked or not taken into account when finding the reason why itis a challenge to fall asleep. Your bedroom must be a place that invites you to relax and get away from all over-active thoughts and stress. The bedroom’s temperature, brightness, sounds around are the main factors for my sleep quality, so what’s yours?
Except for the above 5 tips for a good night’s sleep, there are many other factors, including inner moods or outside factors. Remember the very first thing, to choose a proper bed and mattress which is the foundation. Nowadays, although people’s work and life stress is heavy, never ignore our health status. Don’t stay up too late, harmful to heath and not good for a good night’s sleep. Always keep your mind and thoughts calm before bedtime, then you will have a good quality sleep.